About the Award
AWG presents this prestigious award each year to store managers who exemplify the difference that great managers play in the success of their stores.
This award is given to one store manager from each AWG division, though there is no guarantee that the award will be given in each division each year.
An overall AWG Store Manager of the Year is chosen from the division winners and honored at the AWG Annual Meeting in March. The overall winner is also submitted as a nominee for the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) Store Manager of the Year Award.
Entries are scored on overall content and the store manager’s demonstrated ability to:
- Generate sales growth and positively impact the overall business of the store. Statistics on growth/sales should be included.
- Go above and beyond the ordinary in customer service and/or community relations.
- Execute innovative in-store programs and/or special events that improved overall customer service and community relations.
- Show balance between his/her people skills and operations skills
- Execute and achieve goals with the store associates.
- Lead and/or mentor team members from their store.
Rules and Regulations
All entries must be received by November 30, 2018.
Photos and/or copies of the supporting documents may be submitted separately. Videos will be accepted. Note: These materials will not be returned to you. Submit your nomination by filling out the form below.